Voice over LTE
LTE technologies and 3G circuit switched networks will co-exist for ten years or more. Difference does not disappear overnight:
- Global differences – while LTE is already well-established in the Americas and Asia, in Europe it is only just beginning to impact
- Local differences – even within countries and regions, customers will move in and out of LTE coverage zones as they travel between cities and even urban districts
- Device differences – people rarely keep their phones or tablets for more than a couple of years, but service providers must still cater for both LTE and non-LTE devices
Every communications service provider must meet the challenges of 3G and 4G co-existence, and even though the emphasis of 4G is increasingly on data, nobody can afford to overlook the continued importance of voice services.
The Atos Voice over LTE solution provides a robust and ready means to manage voice services across both LTE and 3G devices and networks. Atos VoLTE ensures:
- An immediate bridge between 3G and 4G networks for all voice services
- Low-risk and cost-effective implementation
- Future-readiness - supporting the long-term co-existence of 3G and 4G networks
- Simpler integration and lower operational costs – maximizing efficiency across service and network for user profiling, monitoring and reporting, and aggregated billing.
- Open access to advanced and profitable NGIN convergent VPN/Centrex services
Our VoLTE solution is delivered using the robust and proven components of our well-established and respected Next Generation Intelligent Network (NGIN) product. NGIN gives you a central voice product catalogue, allowing you to achieve sustainable levels of efficiency and control in a climate on continued fixed/mobile convergence.
The foundation of our VoLTE solution is the NGIN Telephony Application Server (TAS). Future-readiness has been designed in from the start: because the NGIN TAS is engineered to be fully compliant with the 3GPP VoLTE standards for SIP telephony, every new VoLTE device is treated simply as another end-point.
Atos provides all four essential VoLTE functions:
- Voice and Video - all LTE voice and video services are managed through compliance with GSMA IR.92 and IR.94 specifications.
- User Profiles - user profile management automated, allowing users to add new rich media communication services.
- Aggregated Billing - charging trigger automatically aggregates, costs and bills voice and data services across LTE and 3G networks.
- Service Centralization - service centralization ensures a seamless user experience of voice services by switching automatically between networks.
Global Marketing Manager Telecom & Media
Voice over LTE
Download Brochure >>