With 60% of the total world population expected to be living in cities by 2030, cities are facing dramatic social, economic and environmental challenges such as traffic jams, overcrowding, pollution, resource constraints, the need for continuous economic growth and decreasing budgets.
City leaders must prioritize public safety and security, clean air and water, education and healthcare. They must optimize transportation, utilities, waste management, protect resources and become greener. In addition to this they must also adapt to new expectations from citizens who use digital technologies in of their day to day activities: Buying, selling communicating, learning is all done online and they expect public services to be available online too.
For local governments and cities, digital transformation is particularly complex: defining and implementing online services must be seamless. Failure, long service interruptions and wasted budgets will have an immediate impact on citizens’ satisfaction, resulting in damaged reputations.
At Atos, we have long experience in helping public organizations and cities on their journey to digital. We know how to design and implement digital programs in line with cities needs, addressing four common transformation challenges:
- Operational excellence: How to shape the new digital landscape and create efficiencies in every possible way?
- Trust and Compliance: How to ensure Citizen's personal data is kept safe and secure and how to adapt to changing regulations?
- Citizen experience: How to create and improve Citizen-centric services that meet (and beat) citizen's expectations?
- Business reinvention: How digital can be leveraged to bring innovation, new ways of working and services to bring more value to citizens, government and businesses?
Efficiency and citizen engagement
At Atos, we have already implemented many digital transformation programs for local Governments and cities. We understand the specific issues. We know how to manage these projects form the beginning to the end: roadmaps, solution design, implementation and management and all the supporting change management activities that will ensure a smooth transition to the new ways of working.
MyCity from Atos is a range of solutions guided by deep understanding and strategic insight, which enables governments and empowers citizens to work together.
In eight key interconnected areas, we use MyCity to:
- Create new services that enable citizens to access them when, where and how they want - reducing service costs and increasing productivity
- Deliver immediate service improvements that increase citizens satisfaction
- Achieve long-term improvements that transform the city both in terms of efficient services, and more rewarding experience for people
We are doing it right now in cities as diverse as Cincinnati and Madrid. Find out how we can do it for you.
Digital mobile communication is increasingly the only way citizens interact with friends, colleagues, brands and businesses. Understandably, they now expect the same easy access and engagement with government.
Atos helps government support citizens with:
- A complete range of e-Government services, ensuring digital delivery is consistent with users’ best personal experience of mobile and online services, while cutting administration costs
- Automated and modernized processes, delivering efficient, secure, citizen-trusted and fraud-free services
- Empowerment to communicate with governments through e-channels, and become partners in a dynamic evolution of services.
Data within cities
We are in the age of data. Organizations are awash with information. It can seem overwhelming, but it’s a wonderful opportunity to unearth actionable intelligence that can help you really understand what citizens want – today and tomorrow – and design the services that will be used while cutting those that will not.
Innovative, streamlined and personalized services, based on data intelligence about what citizens want, and not on assumptions from the past, can be delivered.
By analyzing big data, governments can:
- Identify vulnerable citizens who need careful responses from local services
- Predict transport pattern to enhance the lives of tomorrow's city dwellers
- Create new ways of working and new multi-sided business models that create value for government, businesses and citizens.